Thursday 1 March 2012

Starting my month of lipstick madness!

I bought these MAC lipsticks beginning of February so I have been able to give them a good test run, wearing them working and playing ;)

L to R: Snob, Chatterbox, Speed Dial 
 And some swatches for you!


My thoughts on each one:

Snob: this is a lovely light pink with a blue/lilac undertones in a Satin finish. Pigmentation is great like most Mac Satins and very wearable, during the day with natural eyes and at night with a smoky eye!

Chatterbox: this is a really flattering warm pink in an Amplified finish which is going to be great for the spring, I wore this with a gold eyeshadow and it was a lovely combo!

Speed Dial: this is great candy pink with a nice shimmer to it in a Cremesheen finish that is really buildable on the lips, you can go from quite sheer to a good punch of colour!

The only one thing I will say with Cremesheens and Satins is that I would apply something like a vaseline and let it sink into your lips before applying because these finishes are slightly drying!
But all in all I think you can tell I love all three of these! 

Until next time!
Helen
xXx

6 comments:

  1. Love these! Great review :) Snob reminds me a bit of Pink Friday, which is one of my all time fave lipsticks!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to get hold of Pink Friday, wish they would bring it out again!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colours!

    I love the look of Chatterbox...I own Lovelorn and Milan Mode which are super pretty shades too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snob is just what I'm looking for so thank you for this!
    Rebecca-Louise
    autumnleaves-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to buy Snob for ages, I think it looks such a lovely colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it does look a bit scary to start off with but it is really lovely, go get it ;)!

      Delete